Upcoming.js, positioned as a React framework for the business, is offered in a new variation that emphasizes static web page era. The update, Upcoming.js 9.three, was released on March 9.
Upcoming.js 9.three incorporates API additions that give created-in, optimized static web page era via new information-fetching methods. These methods include things like
`getStaticProps`, which is employed to fetch information at develop time and specify dynamic routes to pre-render based on information, and
`getServerSideProps`, which fetches information on each and every ask for.
Upcoming.js 9.three also functions a way to give parameters to statically produce static web pages for dynamic routes, named
`getStaticPaths`. The new methods give positive aspects about the prior
`getInitialPaths` design, delivering a very clear difference in between server-aspect rendering and static era.
Other new capabilities and advancements in Upcoming.js 9.three include things like:
- A 32KB reduction in the runtime for all Upcoming.js programs, accomplished via optimizations.
- Preview Method, for bypassing statically generated web pages to display screen drafts from a CMS.
- Crafted-in Sass help for world-wide stylesheets, with programs now capable to directly import
.scssinformation as world-wide stylesheets.
- Crafted-in CSS module help for element-amount designs, in which domestically scoped CSS can be imported and employed in an software, utilizing the
- Automatic static optimization for the 404 website page, with enhanced dependability and speed by statically serving the 404 website page.
All modifications cited for Upcoming.js 9.three are non-breaking and backward-compatible. To entry the improve, builders should run the next command: